- Who is Sysmex?
- News & Events
- Life Science
- Solution Provision
- Service contacts
- QC & Online Services
- Document Centre
- Knowledge Centre
- Clinic & Laboratory
Select your local website
Sienna+® is a dark brown suspension of organically coated, superparamagnetic iron oxide (SPIO) particles with a tight size distribution of around 60 nm. It is injected subcutaneously where the lymphatic system’s natural physical action filters out the particles and so enables sentinel nodes to be located using the Sentimag® probe. The magnetic tracer is safe, easily stored and has a long shelf life. It is also compatible with standard histological techniques, as well as the One-Step Nucleic Acid Amplification (OSNA®) assay. Due to its brownish colouration Sienna+® is traceable both magnetically and visually.
As sensitive as the radiotracer, as easy as blue dye
- Optimised - Particle size is optimised for filtration and retention by sentinel lymph nodes
- Easy to use - Simple to store and handle, significantly improving workflow compared with radioactive tracers
- Fast - Localisation can start just 20 minutes after injection*
- Compatible with OSNA® assay
* Migration time can increase with patient age, weight or breast size
Endomag®, Sentimag®, Magseed® and Sienna+® are registered European Community Trademarks of Endomagnetics Ltd. www.endomag.com.