One in eight women in Europe will develop breast cancer at some stage in her life. Yet closer cooperation between specialists, new diagnostics and therapies have improved survival rates significantly1,2 as well as Patients’ quality of life.3-5
Sysmex is playing a significant role in these improvements for you as a clinician, and your patients.
- Eliminate concerns regarding guidewire or radioactive makers for impalpable lesion localisation by using the Sentimag® / Magseed® system for true convenience for you and your patients.
- Your patients can benefit from tissue-saving operations and fewer long-term effects thanks to the sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNLB) concept.
- You no longer need radioactive markers to detect sentinel lymph nodes as the Sentimag® / Sienna+® system detects them magnetically.
- Get reliable findings based on whole nodes – not just slices – using OSNA’s molecular lymph node analysis; also inter-operatively. It’s shown to help deliver individualised therapy decisions too.
- Reduce your patients’ limitations in everyday life using modern breast cancer management even with the most essential, systemic cancer treatment.
- SEER Stat Fact Sheets: Female Breast Cancer. seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/breast.html (accessed Sep. 20, 2016).
- Allemani C. et al. (2015): Global surveillance of cancer survival 1995–2009: analysis of individual data for 25 676 887
patients from 279 population-based registries in 67 countries (CONCORD-2). Lancet, 385:977-1010.
- Kirshbaum M.N. et al. (2016): Open access follow-up care for early breast cancer: a randomised controlled quality of life analysis. Eur. J. Cancer Care, advance online publication, doi: 10.1111/ecc.12577.
- Hamer J. et al. (2016): Quality of life (QOL) and symptom burden (SB) in patients with breast cancer. Support Care Cancer, advance online publication, doi:10.1007/s00520-016-3417-6.
- Pinto A.C. et al.(2011): Improving quality of life after breast cancer: dealing with symptoms. Maturitas, 70(4):343-348.
Endomag®, Sentimag®, Magseed® and Sienna+® are registered European Community Trademarks of Endomagnetics Ltd. www.endomag.com.